Thursday 17 May 2012

Where the inspiration came from...

I've decided to finally start writing a blog. The time couldn't be any better as I am a recent unemployed graduate of McMaster University with plenty of time on my hands (outside my job search that is) to start a blog. For months I wanted to start writing but had no direction or inspiration for a theme or topic, until today.  I was browsing the new Hamilton CBC page and came across some really great blogs, among them Ulixis Crafts, who's style of blogging inspired my structure.
I have always been impressed with Hamilton's ability to recreate and regenerate itself pretty much out of the blue. Having attended McMaster University, I have heard my fair share of negative comments bashing Hamilton, more so by people who haven't actually explored outside the campus. I was always frustrated and disappointed with every comment and I made it my personal goal to take people around Hamilton and truly experience its beauty. Now, as I was browsing the blogs that CBC Hamilton featured today, I thought what about featuring the green space of Hamilton? Everyone who's from Hamilton knows that they exist but who's actually spent the time to find the 126 waterfalls, or discover all our trails, walk their dogs in through the many parks, plant in the community gardens etc.? 
So I thought, why not blog about the natural beauty that sits in and around this city?

And so here it goes.
To find out some of my weekly features and projects turn to my blog schedule.

Thanks for checking me out.

Signing Off,

A.Mihaela 

No comments:

Post a Comment