Wednesday 6 June 2012

Mini Garden Week 3

Photo Credit: E Home Decor


Okay, so I know that I haven't been very active with my blog this past week. Having a chaotic week shouldn't be any excuse for my torpid behaviour towards this blog. Anyways, I'm back and hope to stay back without too many interruptions. 


I figure, I would start back up with giving a photo update of my mini garden, which has grown quite a lot in the past few weeks (making it not so 'mini' anymore). 


I've had to separate some of the basil plants as well as the pepper plants as they have grown so much that they had started to overcrowd each other in the original planter pots. I must say it is so wonderful to watch everything grow, truly remarkable. My Mini Garden Project actually reminds me this theory I heard once
(probably in a movie, possibly 28 Days) about being ready to have children.

The Theory:
1. You get a plant, if it survives then

2. You get a pet (a dog or cat) if it survives, then
3. You are ready to raise a child. 



Now whether or not this holds as a theory or not by researchers/experts etc. , I actually think there is some truth to it. I mean if you forget to feed the dog it dies, and if you don't tend to your plants they'll die. If you can't water a plant as needed, then what makes you think you can care for a baby 24/7? 
I always think of this theory (not because I want to have kids right now or anything), but because it makes  me feel like the plants are alive (which they are) and that they deserve great care. Just like a mother, im so proud and happy when I see my mini garden growing health and big. As corny as it may be, I'm proud of my mini garden and it brings me joy to that I am doing something right if they are growing.

So, without further adue, I bring to you some updated photos (taken today) of my Mini Garden. Hope you enjoy as much as I do! 




In this picture you can see the oregano and how its leaves are soo big now. Really to me it is the most impressive out of all the others. 

Thyme, taking it's time. :P 

Basil 1 of 4 (The leaves are soo big) *Oregano to the right.

From Left to Right, Basil 1of4, Oregano, Thyme


Basil 2 of 4

Basil 3 of 4 (this one is a bit smaller than all the rest and i think this has something to do with the cold nights, too much water (from the rain) and no enough sunlight. I moved it inside near a big window in hopes of seeing some improvement. 

Cherry tomato plant is doing grrreat. Its even grown taller  with little blooming flowers, which will soon be tomatoes. 



All four red bell peppers in 3 planter pots now. 

Cayenne Peppers, growing slowly but blooming :)








































































Signing Off, 




A.Mihaela

No comments:

Post a Comment