Monday 11 June 2012

Waterfall Tuesdays: Albion Falls


Albion Falls
Having lived in Hamilton most of my life, I am quite embarrassed to say that I have not seen majority of the waterfalls this city is so famous for. This is just one of the reasons why I have decided to blog about the nature that Hamilton has to offer. Not only do I aspire to reach other young adults, but I hope to explore and learn more myself. 
For some reason I always found Albion Falls overrated, probably because I used to go tobogganing on Albion mountain when I was younger, but for some reason I never quite made it to the falls themselves. Upon visiting them, I have changed my opinion completely; they are wonderful and should not be underestimated. 
I think my favourite part about the falls is that the water flow is not that strong and you can walk on the different layers that make it up.
These falls are located on the far east Hamilton mountain sitting right under Mountain Brow Blvd. If you dont have a care don't sweat it!  The Mohawk bus (41) Eastbound can take you there. Just get off at the end of the loop for the closest drop-off station to the falls.

As I mentioned before, Albion Falls sits on Albion mountain which happens to embody a few good trails. So, if you are coming to visit Albion Falls and want some extra adventures, be sure to check out the trails. I myself, have yet to explore them as my visit to the falls ended abruptly due to thunder, lighting and of course rain.  
For more information about Albion Falls: where they are located, lover's leap haunting, nearby trails and more pics check out this wikipedia link


Happy Waterfalling! 


Signing Off,

A.Mihaela

No comments:

Post a Comment